Maid of Norway, Queen of Scotland: A Plantagenet Britain Timeline

Planning names for younger daughters and I just found out St Gertrude is a contemporary of Margaret and Édouard so I can't use a vision of her as a reason to name a baby Gertrude (cause she's still kicking around).

Planning names for younger daughters and I just found out St Gertrude is a contemporary of Margaret and Édouard so I can't use a vision of her as a reason to name a baby Gertrude (cause she's still kicking around).
Maybe Æthelflæd? She was the daughter of Alfred the Great and sister of Edward the Elder, and she and her brother did a great job at continuing their father's legacy.

Maybe Æthelflæd? She was the daughter of Alfred the Great and sister of Edward the Elder, and she and her brother did a great job at continuing their father's legacy.

Yes, Edward is originally Anglo-Saxon name but I don't see reason them continuing that speciality when it has letters which were already dropped from Middle English.

Well you’ll be pleased to know that Ingrid looks like a plausibly useable, if incredibly old fashioned, name for a daughter of Edward and Margaret. It’s attested as late as 1279, so again, old fashioned but still useable